And, For ONCE, My Butter Fingers

…had absolutely nothing to do with the disaster.

Historic $77,500 bottle of cognac broken by mistake

Talk about a mistake of historic proportions.

A customer at London’s Playboy Club accidentally broke a bottle of 224-year-old cognac wroth more than $77,000 that was slated to be featured in the world’s most expensive cocktail and mixed in front of judges from Guinness World Records.

The U.K.’s Evening Standard reports that the Coganc, a Clos de Griffier Vieux from 1788, was smashed after a businessman, who had ordered two glasses of the brandy at $7,800 a pop, asked to look at the bottle. But the bottle accidentally went sailing and smashed the floor when the customer stood up.

Decent of them not to enforce the “you break it, you bought it” rule any third rate junk shop usually has.

4 Responses to “And, For ONCE, My Butter Fingers”

  1. mojo says:

    Not as bad as the dork that tripped and put his elbow through a $15 mil Monet…

  2. currently says:

    If the guy paid $15,600 for a couple glasses he would only owe another $61,400 for the remainder of the bottle (or almost 8 more glasses).

    Why would they have opened the bottle in the first place before making the world’s most expensive coctail?

    Wouldn’t exposure to the elements degrade the stuff?

    Just asking the questions that need to be asked.

  3. Gary from Jersey says:

    Are we supposed to feel bad about this? That guy could have bought a really nice car and driven to the liquor store for all the MD 20 he could hold.

  4. Ave says:

    I hope it was insured.

Image | WordPress Themes