I’m No Big Phan Of Phat Phil’s…

But I completely disagree with Shipnuck on this:

Wanna know why Phil Mickelson lost the Open? He was having too much fun. The U.S. Open is not supposed to be fun, but he spent most of last week romping around like a schoolboy enjoying the first week of summer.

I think it’s great that Phil was interacting with the fans, signing autographs, setting up writers on dates. I wish more stars at his level showed such care for the fans; you know, the people who pay their salaries.
Good for him.

2 Responses to “I’m No Big Phan Of Phat Phil’s…”

  1. Nightfly says:

    Nerts to Shipnuck’s column and sportswriting in particular. Mickelson was all business for 71 holes, and then decided to have all this fun walking to the final tee? Moronic.
    They say that 90% of everything is crap. In sportswriting, they weed out the other 10%.

  2. Putz.

Image | WordPress Themes